Sunday 15 February 2009

Stamford In the Winter

We went to Stamford today, just on a sight seeing visit.
I had never been to Stamford before and it seemed like a good place. I felt like visiting what I would call an ‘olde-worlde’ town. I like look at old beautifully designed buildings.
Here are a few of the pictures we took of older buildings in Stamford.
The river was quite high and the duck and the swans were out.

What I really liked is the fact that as the town has grown, there has been a concerted effort to ensure that all the new buildings have the same look i.e. similar stone/brick colour etc has been used.
Stamford is a quaint, compact little town that is growing.


We took lots more pictures, but can't fit them all in.
I was amazed at the amount of snow that was still around as we were driving down, although in the town itself was not too bad, just a few icy patches on some pavements.
I did not get any pictures of the snow covered hills, as we were travelling – maybe next time.
Anyway it was a really lovely day and although it was a bit cold, the sun was out - that brighten things up quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment